Revision date: June 7, 2021
Glossary of terms
“You” or “Your” – you or the organization that you represent.
“Service” – any software or service provided by Alloy Software to their customers.
“Customer”, “Customers” – any person or entity placing an order for or accessing the Service.
“User” or “Users” – any Customer’s employee, independent contract, or their customer and their employees who directly or indirectly are involved in you using the Service.
“Account” – a record in the Service or Alloy Software’s internal database that tracks the contact information and Service-related activities of an individual person.
“Service Data” – any data that you store in the product’s database or otherwise entrusted by You to Alloy Software.
“Personal Data” or “Personal Information” – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Website” or “Websites” – any website owned and maintained by Alloy Software.
This Notice applies to the processing of Personal Data collected by us when You:
- use the Service(s) whether it is through our application platform or our mobile applications. This notice is then applicable to our Customers, and their Users;
- visit websites owned and maintained by Alloy Software;
- receive communications from Alloy Software;
- register for, attend, or take part in our events, webinars or contests hosted by Alloy Software.
Information Alloy Software collects and controls
What information we collect
A) Personal Data we collect directly from you
1) Account sign-up: When you subscribe and sign-up to any of our Service(s), we may collect your (i) contact information such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, IP address, geographic location, or phone number; (ii) billing information, such as credit card number and billing address; and (iii) unique identifiers, such as username, account number or password.
2) Event registration and form submissions: We record information such as name, e-mail address, phone number, designation, and company name that you submit when you (i) register for an event conducted by Alloy Software, including webinars or seminars, (ii) submit a form to download any product, whitepaper, or other materials, (iii) respond to surveys, or (iv) submit a form to request customer support or contact Alloy Software for any other purpose.
3) Payment processing: When you buy something from us, we ask you to provide your name, contact information, and credit card details. We store the name and address of the cardholder. We do not store the actual credit card number, unless you have given us your approval for quick processing of future payments.
4) Testimonials: When you authorize us to post testimonials about our products and services on our website, we may include your name, and other personal information in the testimonial. You will have the opportunity to review and approve the testimonial before we post it. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
5) Interactions with Alloy Software: We may record, analyze, and use your interactions with us, including email, telephone, and chat conversations with our sales and customer support professionals, for improving our interactions with you and other customers.
B) Information that we collect automatically
2) Device Information: When you visit our websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our Websites (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We link this automatically Collected data to other data we collect about you.
3) Service Data: When you use our services, we process the Service Data as instructed by you in accordance with the agreement between you and Alloy Software relating to your access to and your use of such Services (collectively referred to as the “Service Agreement”). We perform analytics on those data to (i) assess needs of your business to determine or suggest suitable Service(s); (ii) send you requested information about the Service(s); (iii) respond to customer service requests, questions, and concerns; and (iv) for product improvement purposes.
Customers are solely responsible for establishing policies for, and ensuring compliance with, all applicable laws and regulations, as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements or other obligations, relating to the collection of personal data in connection with the use of our Services by individuals with whom our Customers interact.
4) Social media features and third party cookies: Our Websites includes social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, the “Share This” button or interactive mini-programs. Where you interact with these features, they may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Websites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Websites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
If you provide us or our service providers with any Personal Data relating to other individuals, including End-User data or your employee’s data, you represent that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it will be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
C) Information that we collect from third party
1) Information from social media sites and other publicly available sources: From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources like databases and social media but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we obtain from such third parties include your name, e-mail address, postal address, location, designation, telephone number and we use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve customer support experience, improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you and for our sales and marketing purposes.
2) Referrals: If someone has referred any of our products or services to you through any of our referral programs, that person may have provided us your name, email address and other personal information. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove your information from our database. If you provide us information about another person, or if another person gives us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
3) Information from our reselling partners and service providers: If you contact any of our reselling partners, or otherwise express interest in any of our products or services to them, the reselling partner may pass your name, email address, company name and other information to Alloy Software. Alloy Software may also receive information about you from review sites if you comment on any review of our products and services, and from other third-party service providers that we engage for marketing our products and services.
Why do we collect your information?
We use your information to provide the services you have requested, create and maintain your accounts, and monitor for unauthorized activity on your accounts. We also use it to communicate with you about Alloy Software products that you are using, your support requests, to keep you posted on product news and announcements, and to notify you of policy updates. We analyze the information we collect to understand user needs and to improve our websites and services.
Legal bases for collecting and using your information
We process your Personal Data for the purposes listed above to perform our contract with you or based on our Legitimate Interest:
(i) to perform analytics, train our algorithms, improve, enhance, develop, support and operate the Services and their availability, compile statistical reports and record insights into usage patterns, develop new products and services, and more generally, to better serve you and be able to provide you with customized content and features.
(ii) to send you promotional and marketing communications; to send you communication from the Services (s); to update you about new features to our Service(s). You may contact us at email@example.com if you no longer wish to receive these communications.
(iii) facilitate your transactions with other users when you use our Service(s).
(iv) to prevent or respond to any misuse of our Services or Applications or any violations of our Terms and any applicable laws.
(v) To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, police request or other legal process served on us.
With whom we share your information
We process Personal Data through third parties that we may use:
Third party service providers: Alloy Software’s cloud offering runs on Amazon Web Services. The European Union (EU) data protection authorities known as the Article 29 Working Party has approved the AWS Data Processing Agreement (DPA), assuring customers that it meets the high standards of EU data protection laws. No other third parties are engaged in the Service.
Payment processors: With third-party payment processors who process your credit card and other payment information for Alloy Software but are otherwise not permitted to store, retain or use such information;
Employees and independent contractors: Employees and independent contractors of Alloy Software have access to your information on a need-to-know basis for customer support, marketing, technical operations, account management or organizational purposes, and to provide, enhance, and improve the Service(s);
Reselling partners: We may share your personal information with our authorized reselling partners in your region, solely for the purpose of contacting you about products that you have downloaded or services that you have signed up for. We will give you an option to opt out of continuing to work with that partner. All such transfers are covered by the service agreements with the relevant recipients, and we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that your Personal Data will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Your rights with respect to information we hold about you as a controller
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights with respect to information that Alloy Software holds about you. Alloy Software undertakes to provide you the same rights no matter where you choose to live.
Right to access: You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you, including the information’s source, purpose and period of processing, and the persons to whom the information is shared.
Right to rectification: You have the right to update the information we hold about you or to rectify any inaccuracies. Based on the purpose for which we use your information, you can instruct us to add supplemental information about you in our database.
Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Right to restriction of processing: You may also have the right to request to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as when you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Right to data portability: You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means.
Right to object: You have the right to object to the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
Right to complain: You have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority if you have any grievance against the way we collect, use, or share your information. This right may not be available to you if there is no supervisory authority dealing with data protection in your country.
Retention of information
Information that Alloy Software processes on your behalf
Information entrusted to Alloy Software and purpose
Information provided in connection with services: You may entrust information that You control, to Alloy Software in connection with use of our services or for requesting technical support for our products. This includes information regarding your customers and your employees (if you are a controller) or data that you hold and use on behalf of another person for a specific purpose, such as a customer to whom you provide services (if you are a processor). The data may either be stored on our servers when you use our services, or transferred, or shared to us as part of a request for technical support or other services.
Information from mobile devices: When you elect to allow it, some of our mobile applications have access to the camera, contact information, and other information stored on your mobile device. Our applications require such access to provide their services. You may disable the mobile applications’ access to this information at any time by editing the settings on your mobile device. The data stored on your mobile device to which the mobile applications have access will be used in the context of the mobile application and transferred to and associated with your account in the corresponding services (in which case the data will be stored on our servers) or products (in which case the data will remain with you unless you share it with us).
Ownership and control of your service data
We recognize that you own your service data. We provide you complete control of your service data by providing you the ability to (i) access your service data, (ii) share your service data through supported third-party integrations, and (iii) request export or deletion of your service data.
How we use service data
We process your Service Data when you provide us instructions through the various modules of our services. For example, when you generate an invoice, information such as the name and address of your customer will be used to generate the invoice.
If you have enabled notification on our desktop and mobile applications, we will push notifications through a push notification provider such as Apple Push Notification Service, Google Cloud Messaging or Windows Push Notification Services. You can manage your push notification preferences or deactivate these notifications by turning off notifications in the application or device settings.
Who we share Service Data with
Alloy Software and third party sub-processors: In order to provide services and technical support for our products, the contracting entity within the Alloy Software engages other group entities and third parties.
Employees and independent contractors: We may provide access to your service data to our employees and individuals who are independent contractors of the Alloy Software entities involved in providing the services (collectively our employees”) so that they can (i) identify, analyze and resolve errors, (ii) manually verify emails reported as spam to improve spam detection, or (iii) manually verify scanned images that you submit to us to verify the accuracy of optical character recognition. We ensure that access by our employees to your service data is restricted to specific individuals and is logged and audited. Our employees will also have access to data that you knowingly share with us for technical support or to import data into our products or services. We communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within Alloy Software.
Collaborators and other users: Some of our products or services allow you to collaborate with other users or third parties. Initiating collaboration may enable other collaborators to view some or all of your profile information. For example, when you edit a document that you have shared with other persons for collaboration, your name and profile picture will be displayed next to your edits to allow your collaborators to know that you made those edits.
Third-party integrations you have enabled: Most of our products and services support integrations with third-party products and services. If you choose to enable any third-party integrations, you may be allowing the third party to access your service information and personal information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of the third-party services and products before you enable integrations with them.
Other cases: Other scenarios in which we may share information that are common to information covered under Parts I and II are described in Part III.
Retention of information
We hold the data in your account as long as you choose to use Alloy Software Services. Once you terminate your Managed Hosting Agreement, your data your data will be kept for one month in a secure archive, after that period it will be electronically destroyed.
Data subject requests
If you are from the European Economic Area and you believe that we store, use or process your information on behalf of one of our customers, please contact the customer if you would like to access, rectify, erase, restrict or object to processing, or export your personal data. We will extend our support to our customer in responding to your request within a reasonable time frame.
Part III – General
Children’s personal information
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under 16.Alloy Software does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are under 16 years of age. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you believe that a child under 16 years has provided personal information to us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details, and we will take the necessary steps to delete the information we hold about that child.
How secure is your information
At Alloy Software, we take data security very seriously. We have taken steps to implement appropriate administrative, technical & physical safeguards to prevent unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction of the information you entrust to us. If you have any concerns regarding the security of your data, we encourage you to check our Security Policy or write to us at email@example.com with any questions.
Locations and international transfers
We share your personal information and service data within the Alloy Software. By accessing or using our products and services or otherwise providing personal information or service data to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your personal information or Service Data within the United States of America, the European Economic Area (EEA) and other countries where Alloy Software operates. Such transfer is subject to a group company agreement that is based on EU Commission’s Model Contractual Clauses.
Data protection agreement
To enable you to be compliant with the data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation, we are prepared to sign a Data Protection Agreement (DPA) that is based on Standard Contractual Clauses. If you require a DPA you can submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
External links on our websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Alloy Software. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Websites and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects Personal Data.
Social media widgets
Our websites include social media widgets such as Facebook “Share This” or “Like” buttons that let you share articles and other information. These widgets may collect information such as your IP address and the pages you navigate within the website, and may set a cookie to enable the widgets to function properly. Your interactions with these widgets are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
Disclosures in compliance with legal obligations
We may be required by law to preserve or disclose your personal information and service data to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements.
Enforcement of our rights
We may disclose personal information and service data to a third party if we believe that such disclosure is necessary for preventing fraud, investigating any suspected illegal activity, enforcing our agreements or policies, or protecting the safety of our users.
In the event Alloy Software goes through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we will ensure that the acquiring entity is legally bound to honor our commitments to you. We will notify you via email or through a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or in the uses of your personal information and service data. We will also notify you about any choices you may have regarding your Personal Data and Service Data.
Notification of changes
Contacting Alloy Software
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our privacy practices, you can contact us via email at email@example.com.