Targeting Small and Medium-sized Business Environments, Alloy Discovery is Easy-to-Use, Customizable and Offers Several Best-in-Class Features
Nutley, NJ – May 5, 2008 – Alloy Software, Inc., a leading provider of service and asset management software solutions, today announced a new, comprehensive network inventory solution for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS platforms – Alloy Discovery. Targeting small and medium-sized businesses as well as IT service providers, Alloy Discovery offers a broad range of features that allow users to take control of hardware and software inventory with an array of methods and strategies.
“The new Alloy Discovery product is the next generation version of our former Alloy Network Inventory solution, which provides flexible analysis of detailed computer and network inventory,” explained Vladimir Vinogradsky, President and CEO of Alloy Software. “Alloy Discovery offers the same easy-to-use, easy-to-deploy solution, but has new powerful enhancements such as support for Windows Vista and the ability to audit Linux and Mac OS platforms.”
Alloy Discovery provides the tools necessary for configuring, deploying, running audits and analyzing audit results. Available audit methods include an agent-less on-demand audit, login-script, scheduled task, and the portable audit for non-networked computers. Another significant feature is the user-friendly interface which displays network data in customizable grid format. Alloy Discovery allows users to print the audit results or export the data to Excel, XML, or HTML for reporting and publishing purposes.
Adding to the original design, Alloy Discovery includes the following features:
- On-Demand Audit – Using this feature, users can remotely audit Windows workstations and servers for up-to-the-minute hardware and software information.
- Linux and Mac Inventory – Users can schedule the audit of Linux and Mac computers in the form of “cron” jobs, a time-based scheduling service.
- Data Analysis & Reporting – Flexible data filtering, grouping and sorting enables users to conveniently analyze and report on inventory data; with the point-and-click interface of the advanced filter, users can create complex filtering criteria to achieve the desired level of detail.
- Data Export – Export inventory results to XML or Excel; users can then easily import the data into all types of databases, or integrate with third-party tools.
- Web Publishing – Enables users to access inventory data from the convenience of a web browser; export audit snapshots in the form of interactive, drill-down HTML pages, ready for publishing on an Intranet.
- Snapshot Pruning – Automatically removes and archives obsolete audit snapshots from the inventory repository resulting from computers no longer being audited.
The D-J Group of Companies – an organization specializing in Machining, Sheet Metal, Assembly, Composite, Extrusions, Hot Forming, and Engineering – is currently in the process of upgrading its existing Alloy Network Inventory solution to the new Alloy Discovery product.
“We originally implemented the Alloy Network Inventory product to monitor computer hardware and software usage,” explained Mike Bursack, IT Manager at The D-J Group of Companies. “The product is an extremely useful tool for auditing software usage to see if anything undesirable has been installed on our system. We’re also able to convert the data to Excel and create any types of reports that we want, making the product’s flexibility one of its best functions. We are excited to implement the new Alloy Discovery product to take full advantage of the latest features and functionality.”
Alloy Discovery‘s flexible deployment is a key benefit over many competitive products. The solution offers multiple configuration options for its audit agents to support a wide array of deployment scenarios including single- and multi-domain networks, workgroup networks, remote (WAN) sites and isolated networks, and standalone computers. Additional benefits of the product include the ability to manage inventory changes proactively, streamline inventory reporting, integrate inventory data with existing systems and processes, improve the effectiveness of a service desk by facilitating the troubleshooting of hardware and software issues, and much more.
Available now, Alloy Discovery is priced per audit node. Pricing for 100 computer node license is $795. Additional computer nodes can be purchased at $3 each. More information regarding Alloy Discovery can be obtained at www.alloysoftware.com.
About Alloy Software
Established in 2002, Alloy Software is a leading provider of service management, asset management, and network management software solutions that help organizations of all sizes automate IT operations. The company’s flagship solution, Alloy Navigator, is a comprehensive IT service management solution based on industry principles. It includes a centralized service desk environment with integrated asset management, configuration management, and change management tools. Used worldwide, Alloy Navigator helps service and support organizations optimize IT resources, improve productivity and financial processes, ensure software license compliance and reduce costs. The company’s Alloy Discovery product is a comprehensive network inventory software solution for administrators and IT service providers designed for small and medium-sized businesses. For more information contact Alloy Software at (973) 661-9700 or visit www.alloysoftware.com.