Audit Tools 6.2
Alloy Software released a new cumulative update (version 6.2.0) for the Alloy Audit Tools. Alloy Audit Tools is a package of various tools and components used by Alloy Discovery and Alloy Navigator product families to audit computers and work with audit snapshots.
This update improves the detection of Microsoft SQL Server editions and serial numbers, among other improvements. A detailed list of changes in this version is available in the Release Notes document available on the Support Portal.
What’s New in Alloy Audit Tools 6.2.0
- Improved support for hypervisors:
- Added support for VMware ESXi 6.7 and later.
- Added support for Citrix XenServer 7.4 and later.
- Added the ability to detect and report on Microsoft Store applications.
- Added detection of installation keys and serial numbers for the latest Microsoft products:
- Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Microsoft Project 2019
- Added detection of Microsoft Visual Studio installation keys and serial numbers.
- Added the ability to detect Microsoft SQL Server version and build number.
- Improved detection of substituted (virtual) drives. Now in the Peripherals > Disk Drives section, you can see whether a logical disk was created via the SUBST command.
- The total amount of system memory displayed in the System Overview section is being reported more accurately for Windows computers.
- Added support for macOS Mojave (version 10.14).
- Expanded the number of network device manufacturers recognized by the Inventory Analyzer.
- Now the Inventory Analyzer bypasses the Recycle Bin during file scans.
- Linux audit improvements:
- The Network > Network Adapters section now shows DNS names of network adapters.
- Expanded the level of hardware detail. The Hardware > System BIOS and Chassis section now shows information about OEM Strings, BIOS Serial Number, and BIOS Asset Tag. The Hardware > Slots section displays information about system slots.
- The User > User Accounts section now shows account groups.
- The Audit Snapshot Viewer now supports quick search in all tables. Press CTRL+F to reveal the filter box in the grid’s upper right corner.
- The Audit Snapshot Viewer now can be set as the default program for opening .adt snapshot files.
This update applies to the following Alloy Software products:
- Alloy Navigator Enterprise 7 and 8
- Alloy Discovery Enterprise 7 and 8
- Alloy Navigator Express 7 and 8
- Alloy Discovery Express 7 and 8
This update is available for download from the Alloy Software Support Portal to customers with a current Software Maintenance & Support plan.