Nutley, NJ – January 17, 2012 – Alloy Software, Inc., a leading provider of service and asset management solutions, today announced the latest version of its comprehensive help desk and asset management solution for small and medium-size businesses (SMBs). Available now, Alloy Navigator Express 6 Suite includes several robust new features such as business process automation, automatic ticket routing and prioritization, announcements, change history alerts, a completely redesigned self-service portal and more. Designed specifically for budget-minded SMBs, Alloy Navigator Express offers an intuitive, easy-to-use solution for managing IT assets and providing solutions to end-users. With Alloy Navigator Express, technicians can easily and effectively manage the full lifecycle of computers, hardware equipment and software licenses.
New and enhanced features in Alloy Navigator Express 6 Suite include:
- Network Inventory: Included in Alloy Navigator Express 6 is network inventory functionality powered by Alloy Discovery 6, a comprehensive solution that offers an assortment of versatile auditing methods to help users gain insight into a company’s inventory of computers, network equipment and installed software.
- Administrator Alerts: Alloy Navigator Express automatically alerts appropriate personnel when important hardware or software-related events take place, for example, when computers begin to run out of disk space.
- Change History Alerts: For IT administrators, tracking changes to computers and devices is essential to ensuring the stability and security of their network. Users can select which changes they want to be notified of as to avoid performance or security issues.
- Self-Service Portal: The newly redesigned self-service portal has been significantly overhauled. The “Start Page” can now be easily configured to display important announcements to end-users, display tickets and list popular “Knowledge Base” articles.
- New Dashboard: The new dashboard feature in Alloy Navigator Express 6 provides users with a multi-pane view of performance charts and links to multiple key areas of the product. This puts the most important data within the immediate reach of every technician in an IT department, allowing them to identify and respond immediately to any problems that arise.
- Announcements: Technicians and customers can now be proactively notified about scheduled downtime, service updates or outages. When an unexpected failure strikes, the new announcements feature keeps users informed of the issue.
- Escalations: Alloy Navigator Express 6 monitors tickets and notifies technicians and/or their managers when incomplete tasks threaten to pass set deadlines.
“Addressing the needs of SMBs and other small IT shops, we are pleased to debut a new and improved version of our Alloy Navigator Express product,” explained Vladimir Vinogradsky, President and CEO at Alloy Software. “We have built Alloy Navigator Express 6 from the ground up based on our Enterprise solution, but without the complexity and administration overhead required of a larger product. From managing inventory to handling various issues, requests and other IT-related activities, we have designed Alloy Navigator Express 6 to be the solution our customers can truly rely on.”
Alloy Navigator Express 6 offers the following benefits:
- Gain complete insight of hardware and software inventory
- Reduce costs with improved IT planning and budgeting
- Facilitate troubleshooting of hardware and software issues by staying up-to-date on configuration information
- Automate notifications and escalations to ensure that requests are not mishandled
- Keep information within immediate reach with one central point of contact for issues, questions and requests
- Arm help desk personnel with right tools to track and manage support calls
- Improve communication by making it easier for technicians to keep all involved parties updated and informed in a timely fashion
- Ensure organization-wide software licensing compliance
Pricing & Availability
Pricing for Alloy Navigator Express 6, which is now available for purchase, starts at $25 per month per technician for subscription licenses or $450 per technician for perpetual licenses.
About Alloy Software
Established in 2002, Alloy Software is a leading provider of service management, asset management and network inventory software solutions that help organizations of all sizes automate IT operations. Today, still under original management, Alloy Software has been named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, and received numerous accolades such as Software 500 and Product of the Year from industry publications.