Targeting Medium and Enterprise Business Environments, Alloy Discovery 6 Offers a Unique Auditing Technology with Best-in-Class Features, Usability and Scalability
Nutley, NJ – Feb 1, 2011 – Alloy Software, Inc., a leading provider of service and asset management software, today announced the latest version of its comprehensive network discovery and inventory solution – Alloy Discovery 6. Targeting medium and enterprise business environments, Alloy Discovery 6 offers a unique auditing technology with a compelling menu of best-in-class features, usability and scalability – delivering accurate, up-to-date audit information for any organization.
Alloy Discovery is the clear choice for centralized tracking of IT assets, even in large organizations with complex topology and organizational structure. The flexible and powerful combination of agentless and agent-based audit tools collects and delivers accurate hardware and software inventory data for: single- and multi-domain networks, remote (WAN) sites, isolated networks and standalone computers.
Alloy Discovery 6 includes new and enhanced features. Starting with version 6.0, Alloy Discovery provides:
- The Agentless On-Demand Audit (supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS computers);
- Administrative Alerts to notify technicians of critical issues based on specific system, hardware and software conditions;
- External Tools which allow organizations to integrate with third-party solutions in order to diagnose, manage and control computers, servers and various devices on a network;
- SNMP Discovery which detects and identifies networked printers, scanners, switches, hubs, routers, and other devices;
- Hardware and software change history;
- Data Analysis and Data Export via Crystal Reports (integrated), Dashboard and Data Views with flexible data filtering, grouping and sorting;
- User-defined fields for maintaining additional information about your assets;
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008
“Alloy Discovery 6 provides a comprehensive network discovery and inventory solution that detects, audits and continually tracks physical and virtual computers, servers, printers, switches, routers and other equipment,” explained Vladimir Vinogradsky, President and CEO of Alloy Software. “The powerful enhancements of version 6.0 will allow Alloy Software to provide medium-sized and enterprise businesses with a flexible tool that will allow them to collect and deliver accurate hardware details and software inventory data.”
Alloy Discovery 6’s flexible deployment is a key benefit over many competitive products. Additional benefits of the product include complete visibility of hardware/software inventory; a combination of agentless and agent-based audit methods; the ability to easily audit and track IT assets across diverse network infrastructures and distributed offices; ability to plan effectively for OS migrations, hardware and software upgrades; improve IT planning and facilitate budgeting; manage inventory changes proactively; streamline inventory reporting; integrate inventory data with existing systems and processes; and much more.
Pricing and Availability
Alloy Discovery 6 is priced per technician and computer node. Pricing for a three-agent license supporting 100 computers is $1,415, which includes 1 year of support and maintenance. From today until March 1, 2011 customers will receive 20% off their entire order. Further discounts are available for education, non-profit and government institutions, and customers replacing competitor software.
About Alloy Software:
Established in 2002, Alloy Software is a leading provider of service management, asset management and network inventory software solutions that help organizations of all sizes automate IT operations. Today, still under original management, Alloy Software has been named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, and received numerous accolades such as Software 500 and Product of the Year from industry publications.