Alloy Software is proud to announce the immediate availability of Alloy Navigator Enterprise 8.5. This minor upgrade offers numerous new features and improvements based on direct feedback from our customers.
Alloy Navigator Enterprise 8.5 Highlights
Integrate Alloy Navigator with Other Apps
- Our API module has been improved to provide the ability to integrate Alloy Navigator with other apps using API connectors.
- Zapier integration
Keep Up with the Latest Software and Hardware
Alloy Audit Tools has been updated to version 6.2.3 The new version includes these changes:
- Added support for macOS Catalina (version 10.15).
- Implemented proper detection of disk size and free space on macOS High Sierra (version 10.13) and
- The speed of 10-gigabit or faster network adapters is reported correctly.
- Added detection of installation keys and serial numbers for the latest Microsoft products:
- Microsoft Windows 10 2019 LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel)
- Microsoft Visio 2019
View More Data on Dashboards
Tables on dashboards now have a more compact single-line view. Instead of wrapping, table cell content is
now trimmed to better utilize dashboard real estate.
In order to eliminate redundancy, parent objects no longer track changes of their child objects in the history.
Manage Your Mobile Devices from the Web App
Mobile App users now can view their registered mobile devices in the Web App and unregister the devices that
that are no longer in use.
Meet our Mobile App Service
The Mobile Portal has been renamed Mobile App Service to better reflect the intended purpose of the module.
Other Enhancements and Resolved Issue
In order to support integration with API connectors (like Zapier), our API module has been extended and
improved. The new version introduces these changes:
- Added the ability to retrieve:
- Lists of object Activities.
- Lookup values of reference fields, such as Incident statuses or Computer types.
- Data from all available object fields when listing objects.
- The Person record for the currently logged in user.
- For a better adherence with ISO 8601 Date and Time Format, the API module now recognizes Z as the
timezone designator for the zero UTC offset.
- Filtering conditions now support additional comparison operators for numeric and date values and short
- Filtering conditions for POST requests retrieving lists of objects now support:
- Using additional comparison operators for numeric and date values, such as >, >=, <, <=.
- Short date formats, such as YYYY (e.g. 1997), YYYY-MM (e.g. 1997-07), YYYY-MM-DD (e.g. 1997-
- Now new workflow icons will be available for Web App users within 5 minutes after they are changed by
the Alloy Navigator administrator.
- The Select Relationship Type dialog box now properly displays names of parent-child relationship
types. Previously it could display child-parent names instead of parent-child ones.
- Fixed the issue when Web App users could accidentally submit the same workflow action many times.
- Fixed issues preventing the submission of Action forms containing an empty read-only Date/Time field.
- Fixed the issue with the automatic distribution of grid column widths, which in some cases produced
extremely narrow columns with text characters stacked vertically.
- Fixed the issue with dashboard charts unexpectedly opening multiple tabs when clicking on a chart
- Fixed the issue with some widget values not refreshing correctly when a data reload is triggered manually.
- Added support for date formats that use abbreviated month names, such as “Nov” in English (US).
Self Service Portal
- Corrected the label for the Attachments section of Knowledge Base articles.
Integration with Email and Sending Notifications
- Outgoing notifications no longer fail when the recipient address contains the display name, as per
- The Mail Connector no longer loses attachments and inline images from digitally signed email messages
received via the EWS protocol.
- The folder where the Mail Connector stores cached images and files now is automatically cleared once a
- Added support for long usernames (up to 200 characters) and passwords (up to 45 characters) in Mail
Connector and Archiving jobs.
- Fixed the Person Merge feature in the Desktop App.
Fixed the issue with displaying workflow action forms containing Text elements. Previously such forms could appear cropped in the Desktop App.
- Report Viewer: Reloading a report with new parameters no longer unexpectedly resets the report’s end
date to the beginning of the day thus excluding all data collected during the day.
- Errors that could occur in the Network Diagram no longer lock up the Alloy Discovery app.
- The Alloy Installer has been revised to provide a better-organized user interface for choosing advanced
Customers with a current Software Maintenance plan can download the update from the Alloy Support Portal.